Pending Spawners in the plot world

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by ddwills100, Dec 2, 2018.

1. ddwills100

ddwills100 Well-Known Member

Spawners in the plot world
    Spawners are great in every game type for earning money. Spawners drop items in which you can sell for money, they cost money. They are priced high but after a while, you can earn a profit off of them. For instance, iron golem spawners may cost $2 billion and may earn you a profit after 3 weeks.

Implementation:
    - Spawners can be split into two types:
    - Money Makers (Iron Golems)
    - Useful Items (Cows)
    - Lava would be enabled. However, it would not do damage to players only mobs

Different Spawners:
    - Iron Golems would each drop 1 - 320 emerald blocks each and may have special drops. Like having a %1 chance of dropping sponge, 0.001% of dropping a dark emerald key.
    - Cow Spawners would have normal drops and would be quite cheap. These could be useful if they did not sell steak at /warp Koth/town.
    - Enderman Spawners would have normal drops that could be worth some money.
    - Blaze Spawner would be a key mob that has a 2% of dropping keys. These are also useful for getting a lot of XP

Precautions:
    - Mobs will not damage structures or people.
    - As soon as a mob steps on to the road it will be killed
    - Mobs can be stacked by using plugins like MobStacker to reduce lag
    - All mobs in the plot world will be killed with clear lag
    - Spawners can be mined with a pickaxe with silk touch and will go straight into the inventory
    - A maximum number of spawners per plot could be set for instance (Number of plots merged*50)

Further Implementation:
    - Add levels to the spawners. E.G Levels 1 will spawn 1 mob per minute, Level 2 will spawn 2 mobs per minute ...

Any questions just ask; love to hear your opinions.

Edit: Just did a bit of maths. If you have 50 level 3 iron golem spawners you will get ~7 dubs of Emerald Blocks per minute (If you were to have this then you would literally have gone full try hard for around a month). Also with this setup, you would get 1 dark emerald key every ~6.6 hours (Once again because there is no AFK this would still be a very rare item)

Changes:
    - Lava would be static
    - Chance of crate key drops decrease or removed

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  2. iallergic

iallergic Liked Member

I like it, and I have a couple of ideas to help with not having plot damage:

-When water and lave meet, cobblestone/ obsidian/ smooth stone is not created.
    -Items will not be destroyed by lava.

Overall a good idea, it adds a whole other economy to the server

3. MrraywTiger

MrraywTiger Well-Known Member Build Contest Winner

Sounds like a good idea but dark emerald keys might be a bit op, but idk.

mcd_michael and ddwills100 like this.
  4. mcd_michael

mcd_michael Liked Member

I really like this idea might have a go at making a plugin for it see how that works, I like some of the ideas however things such a keys might be over powered, pretty much everything else is good though, it could also hook into other features!

ddwills100 likes this.
  5. ddwills100

I have reviewed this idea and how it can be done; I have focused on iron golems in this case.
    How to set up:
    Of course, iron golem spawners will be available to buy from the shop.
    MobStacker2 is used in order to reduce lag.
    You will need to set mob_spawner_spawning in worlds.yml located in the PlotSquared file to true
    Also change event.spawn.custom (Just above the previous the mob_spawner_spawning) to false to stop people from making iron golems.
    If chosen, you can set lava-flow to false with /rg flag __global__ lava-flow false. Remember to set high-frequency-flags in the config to true if using this.
    Next, you can program a simple program to control the drops of the iron golems.
    (Here is an example: https://pastebin.com/WKgkSBS6)
    Finally, to keep this efficient the speed of the hoppers has to stay the same as last season (FAST).

I will try and program a plugin tomorrow night that kills mobs that j-walk.

iallergic and MrraywTiger like this.
  6. MrraywTiger

MrraywTiger Well-Known Member Build Contest Winner

Sounds good, it could even be used instead of farming

mcd_michael likes this.
  7. mcd_michael

mcd_michael Liked Member

I love the hole idea of this, starting with the first point; I feel although I would be good to buy the spawners I feel it should be more of a work towards thing, what I mean by this is that they can't be brought but they are worked for, gained by mining or other grinding style project's like killing mobs, this would be really easy to set up just a mining rewards plugin and/or a simple mob drop plugin once you have mined a curtain amount since the last drop and it would give you a random chance spawner, the mobs could also work the same way once a curtain amount of the mobs are killed it will drop a random spawner, another feature of this could be curtain mobs for example creepers and zombies will have different drop rates (creepers higher drop rate than zombies).
    I have no comment on the second point, mobstacker2 is an amazing plugin I have used it on factions, prison and skyblock in my time cuts down on so much lagg!
    No need to comment on the mob spawning flags obviously.
    I think making lava not useable in farms adds a hole new level of challenge because you can't set up an auto farm you have to kill them your self or set up a dropper witch takes time and effort to create.
    Controlling the drops I explain my ideas previously.
    Hoppers were great last season I agree with this point.
    That makes 2 of us starting work on the plugin we could work together if you want.

8. mcd_michael

mcd_michael Liked Member

No I am many others really like farming they can be used together I think.

9. iallergic

iallergic Liked Member

It’s more like a passive source of income,

Also side note, this got pending!

10. mcd_michael

mcd_michael Liked Member

Exactly!

11. ddwills100

Oh my did I just have a belter of an idea.
    We sell a spawner at a default price at /shop
    then you have to do the parkour at koth plus some more, click a block it opens a gui where you can change your spawners type for some money.

12. mcd_michael

mcd_michael Liked Member

Love it, don't forget we have /quests as well!

MrraywTiger likes this.